If you believe that your dog has eaten chocolate, CALL YOUR VETERINARIAN IMMEDIATELY! Your veterinarian will induce vomiting and give your dog doses of activated charcoal. This is to remove the toxins found in chocolate without entering the bloodstream.
For more severe cases, additional treatment at the veterinarian would be required and your dog would require monitoring at the vet’s clinic overnight.
It is best to take precautionary measures to avoid such scenarios. Keep all chocolate products out of reach from your dog. Ensure that members of the household and guests do not leave chocolate lying on the table, counter tops or other locations your dog has easy access to.
Remember, prevention is better than remedy!