Here is a nice list of Famous Cat Names from History! Cats have been domesticated since ancient times, when they cohabited with humans on their own terms. They have come a long way from being worshipped as Gods in Ancient Egypt, to working as mousers in government buildings and even mayors! How about having a look at this list of Naming Ideas from Famous Cats?
- Bob – Pet cat of the English author, James Bowen.
- Barsik – A cat that ran for mayor in Barnaul, Russia.
- Catmando – Former joint leader of the political party “Official Monster Raving Loony Party”.
- Choupette – The pet of the late fashion designer, Karl Lagerfeld.
- Colonel Meow – World record holder for the longest hair on a cat, measuring nine inches.
- Dusty – A cat notorious for his acts of cat burglary in San Mateo, California.
- Felix – Senior Pest Controller at Huddersfield Railway Station, UK.
- Fred – An undercover cat that assisted the NYPD in 2006.
- Gladstone – Resident Chief Mouser of the HM Treasure in Whitehall, London, UK.
- Humphrey – Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office in London, UK between 1989 to 1997.
- Ketzel – A cat that won a prize for his piano composition in 1997.
- Larry – Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office in London, UK since 2011.
- Mrs Chippy – Yes, he’s actually male. Ship cat on the Endurance, a ship that embarked on one of the earliest explorations of Antarctica.
- Ossie – Cabinet Office Mouser at Whitehall, London.
- Palmerston – Chief Mouser of Foreign & Commonwealth Office in London, UK.
- Peter – Former Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office in London, UK between 1929 to 1946.
- Simon – Ship cat of the warship, HMS Amethyst.
- Trim – Ship cat of the HMS Reliance and HMS Investigator. The first cat to circumnavigate Australia.
- Tuxedo Stan – A cat that ran for mayor in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Wilberforce – Former Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office in London, UK between 1973 to 1986.
- CopyCat – The first cloned cat.
- Crème Puff – Record holder of being the world’s oldest cat. Died at the age of 38 in 2005.
- Delilah – Queen frontman Freddie Mercury’s pet tortoiseshell.
- Felicette – The first cat to be launched into space and survived.
- Freya – Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office between 2012 to 2014.
- Lil’ Bunny Sue Roux – An internet personality known for standing on her hind legs.
- Manninagh KateDhu (Peta) – Former Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office from 1964 to 1976 in London, UK.
- Nora – A cat that plays the piano with her owner.
- Paddles – “First Cat” of New Zealand, belonging to the Prime Minister of New Zealand.
- Smudge – A trade union member employed as a mouser in the People’s Palace in Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
- Ta-Miu – Pet cat of Prince Thutmose in Ancient Egypt.
- Tardar Sauce – Internet celebrity, best known for being the “Grumpy Cat”.
- Tiffany Two – One of the oldest cats that lived. Died in 2015 at the age of 27.
These are just some Famous Cat Names from History with many more to list! Found this inspiring? You can spice it up by mixing it with some names from our free GigglePets’ Pet Name Generator tool!